Make your voice heard:
Citizen Comment on FY21 Proposed Budget Public Hearings for April 1, 2020
April 1 is the date for the Hanover County Board of Supervisors to hold public hearings on the following five topics:
- Fiscal Year 21 Proposed Budget
- FY21 Proposed Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan
- FY21 Proposed Five-Year General Fund Plan
- FY21 Fees and Related Ordinance Changes
- 2020 Real Property Tax Rate
Given the current restrictions on public gatherings and need for social distancing, Hanover County is asking that all who wish to speak on these matters provide their comments online or on the phone. Comments will be collected in the following manner:
- By phone, you can leave your comment on the budget by calling 365-3333. A limit of three minutes per comment will be observed.
- You also can email your comments to this address: BudgetPublicHearing@hanovercounty.gov.
Comments will be collected from March 26 through 5:00 pm on March 31.
If necessary, you may attend the public hearing in person, but social distancing and limitations on the number of people in the Board Room at any one time will be observed.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time pending recommendations from health officials.
If folks want to comment on the budget they are instructed to call and leave a voicemail or email the address shown. In the current state of the economy, it would be great to know what Hanover's plan is for recovery and how the budget will be impacted.